Zdar nad Sazavou is a district town set at the border of Bohemia and Moravia in the middle of natural park “Zdar Peaks (Zdarske vrchy)”. The settlement Zdar has been established by the White Monk monastery. Rebuilding has been designed by the architect Jan Blazej Santini Aichel. The church of Nanebevzeti Panny Marie is the longest church in Moravia. The original name is brought back by the altar of Studnicni Panna Marie. This altar figures in one local legend; once Bocek from Obrany, the founder of this monastery, felt asleep near a spring in this local wood when Our Lady manifested to him in a dream. In virtue of this omen he let build a church there. The parish church of St. Prokop was established with the help of this monastery shortly after 1270. At the turn of 19th and 20th century Zdar nad Sazavou went through some extensive building changes. The railway line appeared as well as many industrial concerns.